Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why do we Sin?

So let us start from the begining. The begining of the Bible, the begining of sin. In Genesis God created man in his own image, then he created woman from man's rib. He named them Adam and Eve, and they were perfect. They were blameless and without sin. God  put a tree in the middle of eden, it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God told man "you are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Now the serpent came to Eve and tempted her with the fruit of the tree of knowledge. He convinced her that she would be more like God if she ate of the tree. Eve took the bait and and the fruit. Then she took the fruit to Adam and he ate of it as well. Immediately sin was born and they saw that they were naked.

When God realized that they had eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil he cursed the serpent, the woman and the man. (you can read this in Genesis 3)

Psalm 51:5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

So now comes the question, Why do we sin? Now you've heard the beginning, and here's what come next: after Adam and Eve ate from the forbiden tree, we are born sinners. We have no choice, it comes naturally to us.  *When you look at a mother, does she have to teach her child to disobey or sin?* Our job is to learn how to resist and avoid temptations from the world. Why the world, you ask? Because the world influences us everyday. The world is full of sins and it lies.

I posted this question on my facebook to see if any of my friends would respond and this is what they said:

"I sin because it's easier than walking the path of the straight and narrow."

"It's easier to be selfish with my time rather than generous and doing what's right. We get tempted and sometimes we fall."

"Sometimes temptation gets the best of me."

"I don't like to sin but sometimes the temptation gets the better of me and I become weak and I give in."

We sin bcause it's our nature. We sin because we are tempted everyday and sometimes we are not strong enough to resist. Sometimes it feels easier, or we are so scared and pressured into it. Sometimes we follow others, follow the world, we are lied to when the world says "follow me, i know the way". If we retreat to God's word evryday he will give us the tools and the strength to stand up to do what is right.

Proverbs 23: 19 Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path. (20) Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor and drowsiness clothes them in rags.

Jeremiah 7: 23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people.

Galations 5: 16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (19) The actsof the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; (20) idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions (21) and envy; drunkeness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I don't want anyone to read this and think I'm placing blame and not taking responsibilty of my actions. I have not always kept the commandments like I should. But I am not perfect and I am ready to actively use my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment