Monday, October 25, 2010

Anger and Happiness

Anger and happiness. Can you be angry and happy? I am a happy person. In the past I have been a bitter person, I have been an angry person, a depressed person. I have been all of these and more. I am pleased to say that in the past 2 years with all my ups and downs I am now a happy person, a content person and most importantly a person that has a life worth living. But can I possibly be angry and happy? I believe that happiness is my overall, and I go through short fits of anger. It's natural to have emotions. And as a girl, you know we have waves of uncontrollable emotions that, at times, can be hard to control. Im giulty of trying to please people, or to tame the situation. At times I keep my emotions bottled up and you know when you bottle everyhting up, everything is bound to explode! And that's exactly what I do. It is wrong of me and I'm working hard on controlling it.

James 1:20 For man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. (26) If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he decieves himself and his religion is worthless.

Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. (22) An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins.

Maybe the things that  make us angry shouldn't. I think that we take-for-granted the things we have and we are easily angred because we are so spoiled and want everything our way. I can't promise I won't get angry, but I'm going to try and think about the situation thoroughly before I "flip out".

Let's pray: Lord I pray that you will give me the strength to be patient and slow to anger. I pray you will help me never to go to bed angry. I want to share in the delight of you! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment