Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Grace

The Lord's Grace to Paul

1 Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. (13) Even though I was once a blasphemer and a person and a prosecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. (14) The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. (15) Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners- of whom I am the worst.

I am a sinner. I am not the worst. I am definitely not the least. I am guilty of hurting myself and others with my actions and things I say. I have hurt my self with placing judgment on others and impure thoughts. I am so lucky because I have accepted Jesus into my life and I have the grace of God.  He can take murders and adulterers and make them new again. Not everyone can forgive, and no one can forget. But it gives you such peace to know that you have the grace of God and that it doesn't matter what I or anyone says, you can know that you are saved. Jesus loved you, and you can have eternal life with him in heaven.

1 Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment