Monday, October 25, 2010

Im Not Perfect! Whos with Me?

I have said it more than once and I will say it again. Im on a journey of self discovery in my walk with Jesus Christ. Im wrting this blog so that others can see what God is doing in my life or what calls them to do as well. Im not claiming that I follow all ten commandments like they are gold to my life. Im syaing I should and im going to try each day to learn more about Jesus and how he wants me to live my life. Forgiving and forgetting. Im quick to forgive, slow to forget. Someone once told me to forgive, don't forget. It's foolish to let someone attack and hurt you over again. If you forget your opening yourself up to being hurt.

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. (2) For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged,"

I have judged others. I have looked at the clothes they wear or their hair and thought ," now why would they wear that," or "only if they did this they'd look soo much better." But who am I to judge how someone looks. God created that person. They have a special place in his heart and in his kingdom. Who are we to judge. What makes us so great to look at others and want to change them. It could be because of money, parents, or their own choice why they wear what they do. Does it directly affect us? Does it make my life better or worse depending on what they wear? I used to dress for attention. I had the need for people to want me or want to be me. In the end it got me no where. Now i look back and think, I could have taken a stand and dressed modestly instead of putting immoral thoughts in peoples heads. I have a husband that loves me no matter if I'm in rags or silk, whether I'm a healthy weight or overweight. So what do I care if someone doesn't like my outfit. Are they going to get me into heaven? No.

1 Timothy 2: 9  I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, (10) but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.


Everyone is a sinner whether they choose to acknowledge it or not. I have a problem holding my tongue. I can be rude and obnoxious, I have hurt people close to me while I try to save those who don't know me.

James 3:6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and itself set on fire by hell. (8) but no man can tame his tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. (9) With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness.

Now I tell you again, theses are not all my sins, but I know and God knows, I'm not perfect. I'm trying my best to better my life and walk with Jesus Christ.  Anyone who says otherwise or feels as if I am a hypocrite will be judged by the Lord.

Isaiah 54:17 no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.





No comments:

Post a Comment