Thursday, November 11, 2010

Prayer

Prayer is an all-powerful thing. You pray for good health and safety, for good grades and happiness. Sometimes we pray for a winning game or a homeless man on the street. I hope we pray to give thanks.  No matter what we are praying for God hears us. We think God can only answers "yes" and that's not reality. God says "no" and he also says "in time you will see the plans I have for you".

2 Chronicles 7: (14) If my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (15) Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 

Psalm 4: (1) Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.


Matthew 6: (5) "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. (6) But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (7) And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. (8) Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

We should turn to prayer daily. Not only to ask for what we want but the give thanks and praise his name for the grace he has given.


What do we pray about? Is it selfish wants? Is it cursing others for our pain? Is it wishing pain on others? Is it praise and worship prayers? Do we pray for guidance and grace? Do we pray for the leaders of our country?

What should we pray about?




"Lord, I give all the glory to you, if it weren't for you I would be condemned to an eternal death. Through your son I am saved and I thank you for your eternal grace. I pray the leaders of our country will be guided by your hands and will make decisions that will reflect your law and compassion in every way."

No comments:

Post a Comment