Monday, February 7, 2011

Faith and Good Works

James- "Real Christian faith is shown by one's good works" -Know Your Bible- James clarifies that good works will follow true faith.

Listening and Doing. Faith and Deeds.

When I spoke at the youth group some odd weeks ago I tried to emphasize this; you are saved through faith. Works aren't necessary, but when you truly believe and have Jesus in you heart there will be a change. "Good works will follow true faith." I am so glad I found a book with that clearly stated!

James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds?
2:17 faith itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

James 2:18-19 But someone will say, "I have faith, I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder.

James 2:24 You see that a person alone is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
2:26 As the body without spirit is dead, so is faith without deeds is dead. 


This is a silly illustration but it may help:

When you have a favorite movie (this is your "faith") you tell people, post it on facebook, bring it up in conversations, etc(these are your deeds). But what good is it to have a favorite movie that you don't share it? Is it really your favorite> if it was you would be excited to share it, learn about it, get other people to watch it.

We should be like this with our faith. Share it. Spread it. Get excited about it! If you don't share it, get excited about it>do you really believe it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment