Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let's talk about sex

Sex. Just saying it makes us blush. Sex. What is it for? What is it really meant for? God created sex, so don't think he doesn't want us to have it, but like all things there are some rules. God created sex for one man and one woman. Not just one man and one woman, but for one man married to one woman. For our society to continue we have to have sex. For it to continue and for it to prosper and get better instead of worse we need to know when to have sex. We are so pressured by our corrupt society we think we need to have sex to be accepted. It's not the truth. It is causing us to have sex younger and in return makes us have more babies younger. Our teenage bodies aren't ready to have little babies of our own.
 Teen Pregnancy
I got pregnant my senior year of high school, I was 17. At that time my parents were in the middle of a divorce and I was living with my boyfriends grandmother. I was focused on graduating and getting out of this small town. I was worried about colleges and what I was going to be after school.  Of course we had planned on getting married and having kids, but not while we were still kids. Bella has been the biggest blessing in my life. Kyle and I love her to death, she is our pride and joy. We both graduated high school and since then Kyle has got his associates degree. And back in March of this year, not even 5 days after my 20th birthday, we got married. We have had a happier ending to our teen-pregnancy story then most of the others. Yes, I said others. You see, I wasn't the only one to get pregnant my senior year, or any year. When I was a sophomore I had a close friend of mine get pregnant and drop out of school. She is not with her "baby's daddy" now is is married to another man with a another baby. (that's the thing about teenage pregnancies, it seems like after you've had a baby with one guy and it doesn't work out you move on to another guy, and you have another baby.) 3 Other girls, that I know, got pregnant in our senior year. They all 3 have TWO babies now. 1 of them is married to her original "baby's daddy" the others have new men in their lives. And whether or not they are married or happy it doesn't change everything they had to go through being a pregnant teen. It's hard! You think society would accept you since they force sex on you through TV and music. Not only do you have to go through with telling your parents, you have to go through almost 10 months of pain then a LIFE of living for someone else. As teens, we are very self-centered. I thought I was down to earth, but until you have another person to care for, you are pretty much selfish. You clean up after yourself, you bathe yourself, you feed yourself, you sleep. You do what YOU want to do. After having a baby there is no sleep. Babies are born backwards, they sleep all day and are up all night. They poop and pee more than animals. They get sick, throw up, and scream. Bella had colic for months! She would cry all night long and nothing soothed her. It was the most stressful year of my life. I loved her, but at times I would get so angry, "why doesn't she shut up? why does she always scream!" My health and relationship with Kyle deteriorated drastically. I gained more weight and we always fought. There is so much more I could tell you about how hard it is to pay for a baby. There's diapers and insurance, car seats, clothes, food, bottles, medicine, etc. The list goes on. And if you think your parents are going to have the time or want to help take care of your baby, your sadly mistaken. It's a burden on them too. Financially and emotionally.

Emotionally
Don't think that it's only your parents emotions that are effected from a baby, your emotions are effected from having sex young, period. Whether or not you acknowledge your emotions after sex is up to you. People have sex because they are "In Love". Well let me tell you how many guys have said they "love" me. Between 5-9. I have not slept with those guys, thankfully. Just one. I am shamed to say I had sex before I was married, but the good Lord blesses me, I have only had sex with the man I am married to. That doesn't happen very often anymore, if you don't wait until you're married to have sex. When you have sex, that person takes a part of you. A part of you meant for the person you were to one day marry. It's a piece of you that you cannot get back. You're ashamed, scared, paranoid. Ashamed because that's God telling you did something wrong. Scared your parents will find out and paranoid you'll get pregnant.

Well your hearing all this thinking okay, that's what you think. What does God say about sex? It's not something your parents came up with to keep you from having fun, God wants sex to be between a man and his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:2-3     But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

Hebrews 13: 4    Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage be kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

1 Corinthians 6: 13    The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.     The Lord's will is good for your body-what the Lord wants will satisfy you, if you give it a chance.


I will be called a hypocrite for this but that's not the case. Sex was definitely my short fall with sin (not my only sin) I wish I would have waited to have sex until I was married. I didn't. I'm giving you my personal opinion and the opinion of God, I'm telling you from experience.

(don't worry more to come)

1 comment:

  1. Allie, thank you so much for writing this!

    This was beautiful and I love to read and am encouraged by how God has taken this and made into something beautiful! Thank you for being so vulnerable and willing to share this! Continue to share this message with people and to share how God is working in your life :)

    You're an amazing woman of God and I have been inspired by how He is using you!! Continue to shine for HIM!! He's got some big plans for you, Kyle, and Bella :)

    Oh and Lather is tomorrow night and I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete