Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thirsty

Has life left you thirsty? I have been left thirsty many times in my life, but i've never felt so satisfied as I have the past year. Since September 2010 I have made minor changes in my everyday life that have created MAJOR chnages to me. I gave up trying to solve my problems- I gave it all to God. I have never felt so relieved and overall happy and satisfied in my life as I have this past year. I've had some major issues come up and not that I always do what's right or handle situations properly, but God has been there and carried me through. I've lost a baby this pregnancy and have been astranged from family and through it all i haven't felt thirsty, i've felt quenched

I feel confident in my choices that have led me to where I am today. I have a supportive group of friends and family, I have found a new way to look at love in my life. I can love my husband and daughter with more than I ever thought I could. I still deal with depression and anxiety but not to the extent I did over a year ago. When I am harassed and picked apart I don't react with the anger and violence that once controlled my emotions. Through trusting God, he has made a new me, a better me. I know my struggles aer not over, and I know that I will continue to fall short and screw up, but I have confidence that the more I trust God to lead me I can continue to be overall satisfied, quenched. I may not be thristy, but I hope I always have the thirst I need to crave God. To crave the good.

Psalm 23:6   Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment