Friday, September 30, 2011

adventures in mothering- MOPS book quotes

I read a MOPS book this summer and I picked out a few quotes that really stuck out to me. I'll have to get the book out so people can read it, it was amazing, and it made me feel a little bit normal when it came to some of the emotions we run into mothering, or parenting in general.


**Enjoy your kids while they are at home, they are the best years of your life

**A change in perspective can turn your thinking around

** As moms we crave control and rarely have it

**Mothering is an adventure, an ongoing process of growing

**Showing our kids Jesus through our actions

**As your children change- your mothering habits must as well

** We all want to be balanced, better moms

**We all get angry, tired and fed up

**We depend too much on undependable things- God is dependable and trustworthy- Depend on Him

The book talked alot about the many roles we have daily; mothers, daughters, wives, friends, etc and how we can stay in touch with ourselves, the person we are, instead of leaving ourselves behind to be "just moms". I know I've done it and for way too long- I have put Bella first; above me, above my husband, and above God, now im working everyday to find that "balance". Bella needs me, so does my husband, and Lord knows I need some time for myself, and most of all, I need God.

No comments:

Post a Comment